There’s a new recall that parents need to be made aware of. Reports indicate that Kids II is recalling over 700,000 baby sleepers that include Ingenuity, Bright Starts and even the Disney brand.
Parents are being urged to act fast and to either return their sleepers for a full refund or to discontinue using them altogether. The recall comes only two weeks after Fisher Price issued a voluntary recall of over 4.7 million Rock ‘n Play sleepers that have been tied to 30 different deaths. The Kids II sleepers were mostly sold at major retailers nationwide, both in stores and online.
"Since the 2012 product introduction, five infant fatalities have occurred in the Kids II Rocking Sleepers, after the infants rolled from their back to their stomach while unrestrained, or under other circumstances," according to the recall notice posted on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission site.
The sleepers were sold beginning March 26th and until April 26 from $40 and up to $80. The recalled sleepers were all sold under the following brands: Bright Stars, Disney Baby and Dream Comfort brands. Some of the products that were already discontinued and not sold in stores include Bright Starts and Disney Baby sleepers.
Along with the recall, there is even more bad news for Kids II. That’s because a Consumer Reports investigation found that at least 4 deaths tied to Kids II products in their April 11 report. About 30 deaths were reported with the Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Play.
Marta Tellado, Consumer Reports president and CEO said in a statement to the press that when products are linked with deaths, the public needs to be informed of them immediately. She also asked how many times will these deaths occur before the government and the industry take the necessary steps to prevent them.
The following Kids II sleepers have been recalled:
- Bright Starts Playtime To Bedtime Rocking Sleeper: 10081
- Rock & Dream Sleeper - Iggy: 10126
- Ingenuity Rock And Dream Sleeper Lucy: 10127
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Cuddle Giraffe: 10148
- Bright Starts Pretty In Pink Playtime To Bedtime Rocking Sleeper: 10178
- Ingenuity Smartrock Poweradapt Sleeper Cambridge: 10289
- Ingenuity Rock N’ Soothe Sleeper Dayton: 10292
- Automatic Rock 'N Soothe Sleeper - Cuddle Lamb: 10320
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Cuddle Lion: 10380
- Ingenuity Soothing Light Rocking Sleeper Vesper: 10568
- Bright Starts Toucan Tango Rocking Sleeper: 10729
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Zoo Zoo Zebra: 10872
- DreamComfort Automatic Rocking Sleeper - Whitley: 10888
- DreamComfort Soothing Light Rocking Sleeper - Addington: 10890
- Bright Starts Rocking Sleeper Jungle Bursts: 11021
- Bright Starts Pretty In Pink Rocking Sleeper Jungle Blooms: 11022
- Rock n' Soothe Sleeper - Moxley: 11063
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Lullaby Lion: 11164
- Ingenuity Rock N’ Soothe Sleeper Sunny Snuggles: 11171
- Ingenuity Rock N’ Soothe Sleeper Dayton: 11357
- Ingenuity Dream Comfort Automatic Rocking Sleeper Braden: 11429
- DreamComfort Automatic Rocking Sleeper - Anders: 11714
- Automatic Rock 'n Soothe Sleeper - Nolan: 11792
- Bright Starts Rocking Sleeper - Jungle Garden: 11894
- Bright Starts Rocking Sleeper - Evening Safari: 11895
- Automatic Rock 'n Soothe Sleeper - Flora the Unicorn: 11962
- Automatic Rock N Soothe Sleeper – Nolan - Display: 12115
- Taggies Snuggle Me Sleeper Nestling Vine: 60130
- Bright Starts Playtime To Bedtime Sleeper: 60131
- Bright Starts Pretty In Pink Playtime To Bedtime Sleeper: 60163
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Deluxe Emerson: 60327
- Disney Baby/Bright Starts Bows & Butterflies Sleeper Minnie Mouse: 60328
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Lullaby Lamb: 60331
- Bright Starts Playtime To Bedtime Sleeper Playful Pinwheels: 60401
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Deluxe Winslow: 60600
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Deluxe Seneca: 60635
If you have any additional questions or concerns, you can contact the company directly or bring back the product at your point of purchase for a full refund. For more information, consumers can call Kids II at 1-866-869-7954 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit www.kids2.com/recalls.