We've seen lots of spouses share funny or embarrassing stories about their significant others on social media, but rarely do they go as viral as author Abby Jiminez's recent post about her husband's misfortune with a laxative. The best selling author recently shared what happened when her husband misread the instructions on the box of Ex-lax he purchased to deal with some "issues," and the results not only had Jiminez dying of laughter but her followers too!
Jiminez recently shared a story on her social media pages (with her husband's permission) about how her husband had made an error when taking some Ex-lax, the over the counter laxative that looks like a chocolate bar.
"So last night my husband took some Ex-lax. Then this morning, some sh*t started going down. Like, literally. He looked at the packaging and realized that when it said to eat 1-2 squares, it meant the tiny squares, not an entire block. He ate 12 DOSES of Ex-lax," she wrote.
While she wrote that she can totally understand where the error could happen, she couldn't stop laughing, even when calling poison control.
"So I'm calling Poison Control because he thought he was dying and I literally cannot stop laughing. I'm barely able to talk, I'm laughing so hard. The guy on the other end probably thought it was a prank call. I swear to God, I hope they record their calls and enjoy that one at the staff meeting later because even thinking about me trying to explain that my 39-year-old husband just ate a whole brick of Ex-lax is making me wheeze."
So I'm calling Poison Control because he thought he was dying and I literally cannot stop laughing. I'm barely able to talk, I'm laughing so hard. The guy on the other end probably thought it was a prank call.— Author Abby Jimenez (@AuthorAbbyJim) August 1, 2019
"The guy was like, "The biggest risks are cramping, dehydration, and diaper rash."
"Motherf*cking DIAPER RASH." She followed it up with a string of laugh-crying emojis before writing, "I was NOT ready for this dude to come at me with diaper rash. I completely lost it. My husband was so pissed (from the bathroom of course). The Poison Control guy kept chuckling and going, "Oh boy. Oooooooh boy. You'll need to get some Desitin."
The Poison Control guy kept chuckling and going, "Oh boy. Oooooooh boy. You'll need to get some Desitin."— Author Abby Jimenez (@AuthorAbbyJim) August 1, 2019
I am not equipped to deal with this kind of crisis. I know it could have been super serious, but OMG
Jiminez wrote that even thinking about the entire situation made her dissolve into a fit of laughter and that she can't understand why, but her husband gave her full permission to share the story. "I have no idea why," she wrote, adding, "All I know is it's a gift to the universe."
People found Jiminez's post almost as funny as she did and have shared her husband's unfortunate dosing accident almost 350 thousand times! Jiminez did post an update on her husband, and the good news is he fully recovered from his unfortunate situation.
"My husband is doing great," she updated on Facebook. "He said his life flashed before his eyes for a solid hour and then he just sorta popped out of the bathroom like *jazz hands* I'M FINE! I'm trying to get the recording from poison control for posterity. I'll share it if I do. I'm drawing untold amounts of enjoyment from this comment thread so thank you. And just one more time, for the people in the back, I will never, EVER stop laughing about this."
Jiminez told Scary Mommy that she's still amazed by the response to her story. "Dude Wipes wants to send him wipes. I laughed so hard last night just laying in bed thinking about this whole thing my husband was getting mad because I was shaking the bed." She also added that people have had a lot of similar experiences.
"If I’ve taken anything away from this, it’s that my husband isn’t the first and he won’t be the last to make this mistake. So many pooping stories in my mentions right now!" she said.