It’s time to check your fridges and freezers after California based company American Beef Packers issued a recall on some of their products late Saturday. The company has recalled almost 25,000 pounds of raw beef products they have deemed “unfit for human consumption.”
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) states that 24,428 pounds of the raw beef have been recalled, causing concern amongst many consumers after the product was deemed unfit for human consumption. The company informed FSIS that a carcass that had been tested was actually released and processed before the company received laboratory tests.
Although the FSIS has received no reports of negative reactions from consuming the products, they are advising anyone who is concerned to contact their healthcare provider. The products affected by the recall have the establishment number “EST. 34741” inside the USDA mark of inspection and were shipped to federal establishments in California and Oregan, according to FSIS.
FSIS is worried that consumers may have purchased the recalled meat products and have frozen them, so they’re urging people to check their freezers and throw out any affected products, or return them to where they bought them, should they have any in their homes.
Here is a list of the affected products, that were packaged on August 21, 2019.
- Bulk pack combo bins containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 85 BONELESS BEEF CHUCKS” with LOT NO.110 and BIN No. 85 and BIN No. 86.
- Bulk pack combo bins containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 90 BONELESS BEEF” with LOT NO. 110 and BIN No. 81, BIN No. 82 and BIN No. 83.
- Bulk pack combo bins containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 85 BONELESS BEEF” with LOT NO. 25-110 and BIN No. 84 and LOT NO 110 and BIN No. 88.
- Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 8/10 #1” with codes BT190821-1178, BT190821-1185, BT190821-1188, BT190821-1190, and BT190821-1194.
- 2-lb. case containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 10 UP #1” with code BT190821-1186.
- Bulk pack combo bin containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 90 BONELESS BEEF SIRLOINS” with LOT NO. 24-110 and BIN No. 80.
- Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS TERDERLOIN 4 UP” with codes BT190821-1160, BT190821-1161, BT190821-1162, BT190821-1163, BT190821-1167, BT190821-1168, BT190821-1169, and BT190821-1170.
- Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 10 UP” with codes BT190821-1187 and BT190821-1192.
- Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS TENDERLOIN 3/4” with codes BT190821-1155, BT190821-1157, BT190821-1171, BT190821-1200, BT190821-1201, BT190821-1202, BT190821-1203, BT190821-1204, and BT190821-1205.
- 50-lb. cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS DESC: BEEF FOR FURTHER PROCESSING 75/25” with lot code 08347412719.
If you have any questions or concerns you can contact Kari Godbey Houchens, Regulatory Manager, American Beef Packers, Inc. at (909) 628-4888 ext. 123.
Read Next: 10 Things To Do When You Hear About A Recall